Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Winnipeg Model Railroad Club mourns passing of long time member Carl Gay


It is with a great deal of sadness to report that Carl Gay, a former long standing member of the WMRC, has passed away. Many would remember Carl from when he worked at Elmwood Hobby Works part time. Carl had been hospitalized for some time, and he died in hospital in his sleep.

"I remember Carl from when he worked at the downtown post office and I'd see him each time I took the latest issue of Canadian Railway Modeller to the post office to mail." Stated Morgan Turney.
"Carl was very gracious to me and shared his huge steam locomotive photo collection with the magazine on many, many occasions. His favourite railfanning spot was  CPR's Whittier yard. I spoke with Carl only a couple of weeks ago regarding the G5s coming back to Winnipeg. I will miss him."


"He loved this hobby and got me into it very early on." Said Carl's son, Andrew Renaud.  "We shared it up to the end.  He enjoyed assisting people in their efforts whether with pictures or knowledge. I told him 'Your block has been arranged... you've got a green board... highball!' Thank you to those of you who were part of dads life."

"I have fond memories of him singing Gilbert & Sullivan tunes while he shopped at the Golden Spike!" Said Ian Lisakowski.

"I remember him on stage at Pantages doing G & S (with the Gilbert and Sullivan Society of Winnipeg)!" reported Zenon Lisakowski.


The family as requested that no calls of condolence be made. A private family ceremony has been arranged.



No comments:

Post a Comment